Daniel Cramer is a literary agent and founder of Page Turner Literary.
“My love of reading started when I was young with The Chronicles of Narnia. I loved that I could escape into a world where magic and adventure existed. That love of books grew and has followed me into adulthood. Some of my best friends and greatest loves, through the years, have been fictional characters. They have inspired and motivated me in almost every facet of my life, from my first career as a Forensic Scientist with the FBI to owning and operating Page Turner Literary Agency.
“While I love all books, my heart beats for children’s literature for many reasons, but the main reason is children’s literature is fearless. These books and their authors are not afraid to tackle tough topics, to celebrate diversity, or bring awareness to issues that others would turn their backs on. Children’s literature never ceases to surprise me with its fortitude.
“I live in Burr Ridge, Illinois with my husband and our rescue dog, Timmy. When I’m not reading, I enjoy the outdoors, horror movies, and baking (and I’m definitely not imagining I’m on the Great British Bake Off… ok, I’m totally doing that.)
“I have two undergraduate degrees from West Virginia University: Forensic and Investigative Sciences and Psychology. I have two graduate degrees from Benedictine University: MBA and MS Management and Organizational Behavior. Prior to starting my own agency, I was an Associate Literary Agent with Flannery Literary.
- PICTURE BOOKS – ANYTHING GOES FOR FICTION. FOR NONFICTION – STEM
- MG – FOR FICTION – HORROR, CONTEMPORARY, ADVENTURE, AND HISTORICAL FICTION
- MG- FOR NONFICTION – FIELD/NATURE GUIDES
- YA- FOR FICTION – HORROR, CONTEMPORARY, RETELLINGS, HISTORICAL FICTION, ROMANCE
- YA – FOR NONFICTION – COOKBOOKS, STEM, INSPIRATIONAL
- GRAPHIC NOVELS- HORROR, CONTEMPORARY, HISTORICAL FICTION, RETELLING, MYTHOLOGY
- CB/EARLY READERS – ANYTHING GOES FOR FICTION. FOR NONFICTION – STEM AND BIOS OF LITTLE KNOWN HISTORICAL FIGURES
- I LOVE BOOKS THAT REPRESENT ALL THE BRILLIANT COLORS OF MY COMMUNITY 🏳️🌈🏳️⚧️ AND UNDERREPRESENTED VOICES
- I’M NOT THE BEST AGENT FOR RHYMING PICTURE BOOKS OR BOOKS OF POETRY.